About this role
The successful candidate will join at a pivotal time: we are maturing our Agile approach, incorporating new technical techniques and developing lots of new features in our SIERA platform. Under the guidance of our CTO and Product Owner (PO), you will be seeing projects through end-to-end from establishing business requirements through to implementation. We are seeking someone who wants to develop their career, contributing their experience, ideas and solutions to the team.
The software team is small but growing. We have a clear vision, and a team that embraces change, encouraging new team members to help shape and enhance processes. Our culture is one of team work, collaboration and transparency to drive our business forward.
EVORA is an independent, pan-European sustainability consultancy providing solutions to the real estate market through our proprietary software, SIERA. EVORA’s head office is based in London but has locations across the UK.
SIERA is becoming known for its industry leading solutions and as EVORA grows, so does SIERA. We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated Business Analyst to join our in-house team to drive our technology solutions forward and apply their experience across the entire software development cycle.
At EVORA we are committed to fostering a working environment based on dignity and respect, in which everyone has a voice. We prize the diversity of our people and seek to provide equality of opportunity for all.
The core responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging with users to define user requirements
- Market evaluation, identifying industry trends
- Working with the Product Owner to produce clear and concise documentation
- Supporting the Product Owner identify business benefits/value of proposed enhancements & changes
Specification and documenting requirements
- Work with appropriate stakeholders (internal and external) to support the specification of software features utilising agile methods and approaches
- Supporting project planning through establishing phases and timeline
- Working with appropriate stakeholders to iterate details and ensure the process is managed through Jira (management tool)
- Facilitating problem-solving and managing required changes to scope considering project constraints
Project life cycle implementation/execution
- Work with stakeholders and testers to establish user acceptance criteria/documentation
- Supporting the Product Owner in ensuring the successful release to production aligned to acceptance criteria
- Management of sign-off documentation
- Gathering of post-release feedback to inform future business requirements
- Champion agile methods and techniques that can add value to EVORA Global’s team.
- Support and guide teams and individuals on their path to increased agility.
- Help develop and support relevant metrics and reporting, demonstrating business value.
The right candidate must have the following essential skills:
- Previous experience with agile methods and techniques across the entire SDLC
- Strong experience with business requirements gathering and documentation in an agile environment
- Experience with preparing, chairing/running and writing up stakeholder workshops
- Proven ability to author business, functional and technical requirements and specification documents
- Knowledge of common methodologies for software development projects
- Experience in using project management software such as Jira would be highly beneficial
Benefits to The Successful Candidate
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually in line with industry averages
- Attractive discretionary bonus structure
- Health insurance with Vitality
- Pension scheme (with staff contribution matched)
- 25 days annual leave increasing to 30 days by year 7 (plus public holidays) (for part time employees, we will adjust the entitlement on a pro rata basis)
- Additional 5 days holiday every three years to support one month sabbatical
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10-4, with 37.5 hour working week)
- Flexible lunch break
- Remote/home working in agreement with line manager
- Two days per year to volunteer for charity
- Excellent ongoing professional development support
- Generous maternity package
- Multiple locations – London, Bolton, Birmingham (dependent on role)
- Plus:Bike2Work scheme; payroll giving and more
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send your full up-to-date CV and a covering letter explaining why you believe you are well suited for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Business Analyst Application’ as the subject line.